This is for where I am; in the UK. Other places have different, more, or less holidays, and obviously I’m not going to talk about them. 😛
- New Year’s Day: Ugh, so hungover/chillout day
- Valentine’s Day: Why do you need a specified day in which to show you care about someone special? Show it through your actions on all days. You mook.
- Mothers’ Day: Similar to the above, but ingrained in us all regardless of relationship status. Also, why is it a different date in different places?
- Easter: Irrelevant. Cheap chocolates the day after though – that’s a win.
- May Day: Irrelevant.
- Spring Bank Holiday: Irrelevant. Also seems to happen in early summer, wtf is with that?
- Fathers’ Day: See Valentine’s and Mothers’ above.
- August Bank Holiday: Irrelevant.
- Christmas: Family, and as little to do with religion as humanly possible.
- New Year’s: Yay booze!
There’s also my birthday, which is a holiday because I say it is. It’s also the one day of the year that I will not work on. I’ve ditched clients that call me on that day, and I’ve walked out of jobs that try to make me work/come in. Some people have a real problem with this concept, and I don’t know why.